When you designate a beneficiary, you ensure your loved ones receive your Life or Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance in the tragic event these benefits are paid out.
If your insurance carrier accepts digital beneficiaries, then you can add beneficiary information right in your League account without ever filling out a form. Isn’t technology great? If your carrier doesn’t accept digital beneficiaries, learn how to submit a beneficiary form instead.
Note: You can only add digital beneficiaries on desktop.
Add digital beneficiaries
You can add a digital beneficiary from the “Documents & Forms” section of your League account.
1. Sign in to your League account on desktop.
2. Click the menu in the top right-hand corner.
3. Click “Documents & Forms”.
4. Click the “Forms” tab.
5. Click “Add Beneficiary”.
6. Click “Add Beneficiary” beside each benefit and type of beneficiary you want to add (primary or contingent).
Tip: You can add more than one primary and contingent beneficiary for each benefit.
7. Either pick an existing beneficiary or click “Create new”. If you picked an existing beneficiary,
continue to step 12. If you’re creating a new beneficiary, continue to the next step.
8. Pick the type of beneficiary you want to add. This can be a person or an organization (like a charity or trust).
9. Fill out the required fields with your beneficiary’s information.
10. If you:
Live in Quebec or didn’t designate a minor (under the age of 18) as your beneficiary: Continue to the next step.
Don’t live in Quebec and designated a minor (under the age of 18) as your beneficiary: Fill out the Trustee Appointment information and continue to the next step. The trustee will receive your benefit payout on behalf of the minor. Learn more about designating a minor as your beneficiary.
11. Click “Save”.
12. If you:
Don’t live in Quebec or didn’t designate your spouse as your beneficiary: Continue to the next step.
Live in Quebec and designated your spouse as your beneficiary: Select the checkbox at the top of the screen if you want your spouse to be a revocable beneficiary (which means you can remove them from your policy without their consent) and continue to the next step. Your carrier will assume your spouse is an irrevocable beneficiary unless you select this checkbox (which means you’ll need their written consent to remove them from your policy).
13. Enter the percentage of the benefit you want the beneficiary to receive. The total percentage must equal 100%.
14. Click “Save & Submit”.
Important: You must Save & Submit your beneficiary designations. If you don’t, your beneficiaries won’t be submitted and your information won’t be saved.
You can view and edit your digital beneficiary designations anytime under the “Forms” tab in your Documents & Forms. Click “View Form” to view and save a PDF summary of your beneficiary designations.