Note: If you have never submitted a claim against your Great-West Life (GWL) Group Insurance policy, and you can see your GWL Group Benefits wallet card in your League account's "Wallet" tab, please click here first to create an account with the GWL GroupNet Portal.
Checking for Great-West Life (GWL) coverage
To check if your employer has GWL benefits through League, please navigate to the "Wallet" tab. This tab can be found at the bottom of your screen in the League app, or the left side of your screen on the League website. You'll see a stack of benefit cards, each of which can be expanded by tapping/clicking on the card. If you have GWL coverage, you'll see one or more benefit cards containing a GWL insurance logo:
For further information on your GWL policy, please refer to your GWL benefits booklet. This can be found in the League platform by selecting a GWL benefit card, tapping “More Actions”, and tapping “Full Coverage booklet”. You can also access your booklet by contacting your employer or by contacting League in the app’s "Chat" tab or at email@example.com.
When to submit claims to Great West Life
GWL is your primary insurance provider through your League benefits, so all eligible claims must be submitted to GWL first. Once they have adjudicated your claim or made a payment for an eligible item/service, you can "coordinate benefits" by submitting remaining expenses to any other insurance providers (such as your spouse's insurance coverage). If you have supplementary benefits with League, such as a Health or Lifestyle Spending Account, you can submit claims to League after all other forms of insurance have been applied to maximize your coverage.
If you have GWL coverage, you may have one or more of the following benefit cards in your Wallet:
Drug: Prescription drug expenses should be directly paid by GWL at the pharmacy counter, by showing the pharmacist your electronic drug card. If you weren't able to pay directly, submit the claim to GWL directly.
Dental: Dental expenses may be directly paid by GWL at the dental reception, by showing your electronic dental card. If the dental office doesn't offer direct billing, and you weren't able to pay directly, submit the claim to GWL directly.
Paramedical Services: These expenses often cannot be paid directly by GWL. You may have to pay out-of-pocket, and then submit the claim to GWL.
Medical Services & Supplies: These expenses often cannot be paid directly by GWL. You may have to pay out-of-pocket, and then submit the claim to GWL.
For all other claim types, simply go to the benefit card that best describes the type of expense, and follow the instructions on the benefit card under the "Overview" section. Our Customer Care team is always happy to assist in our Chat tool or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting claims to Great West Life
With GWL's GroupNet portal, you'll be able to submit claims electronically, check their status, monitor your benefit coverage balances, and set up direct deposit for claim payments. To submit claims to GWL's GroupNet portal, please click here to go to the login page.
Alternatively, you can always access this login page through your League account. Simply login to League, tap the "Wallet" tab, tap any of your GWL benefit cards, and tap "Submit Claim via GroupNet".
1. On the GroupNet login page, enter your email address and password. This login is separate from your League login credentials. If you haven't registered for GroupNet yet, click here.
2. Click the "Sign In" button.
3. Click the "Make a claim" button in the top-left corner.
4. At the top of the page, click the benefit that best represents your claim. In the example image below, we've selected "Drug".
5. Under the "Do any of the following apply" header, questions will appear one-by-one based on your benefit selection. Answer each of the questions and continue to scroll down on the page.
If you have trouble answering a question, click the blue text in the question text for help.
6. Enter all the details for the expense you want to claim. These questions vary based on the benefit you're claiming, but will usually include the service date, amount paid, and type of service. If you need to claim another expense under the same benefit type, you can click "Add another expense".
7. Once you're finished entering your expense details, click "Continue".
8. Take some time to review all your claim information to verify that it's correct. Once you're satisfied, click "Submit Claim".
Claim status & claim forms
All finished! To check the status of your claim, click the "Claim History" tab in the top-left corner.
Most claims can be submitted online via the process described in this article, but some claims must still be submitted to GWL via paper form. Try to submit electronically first, and if you encounter a message asking you to submit a claim via form, then simply click the "Forms & Benefit Cards" tab in the top-left corner of your screen. Here you can download and print GWL claim forms for submission.
Still having trouble submitting your claim? Try watching this video from Great West Life:
If you have any questions or concerns within the GWL GroupNet portal, please contact their support line at 1-800-957-9777.